CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS

Saturday, March 5, 2011

Turning 30 - part 2

Remember when I had almost no time but I decided to set 30 goals to achieve before I turned 30? Crazy, I know.


Well, before I go through each goal, I'm gonna say that I'm not going to go through each goal! I don't have that kind of time.

A few years ago, Elder Dallin H. Oaks gave a General Conference talk entitled "Good, Better, Best." He discussed the fact that we each have this list of all the things we need to and have to do in our lives, and that sometimes it's hard to choose between all the "good." With my limited amount of time, I found that I felt okay as I started to put my time towards certain goals and maybe realizing that others will have their place in the future.

With that said, can I just say how grateful I am for The Book of Mormon. I am so happy that I set the time-consuming goal to start and complete it by my birthday. I love the conversations I have had with Josh (and Dan) about the prophets who lived amazing lives, taught us so much, and loved their people with their whole selves. I can honestly say with my whole heart that this book changes lives. It has changed mine. I know it will continue to be a source of strength to my family. It has brought a sense of peace to me as I brave this challenge I find myself facing . I know that my Savior, Jesus Christ came to this nation, among others, because he loves all of God's children and taught us to just endure with faith and hope in the face of all adversity. He wants us to return home.

That is what The Book of Mormon has done for me.
Amen.

3 comments:

Dawn said...

Amen! Lindsey, I'm so proud of you, and grateful that you are turning to the Gospel for strength and comfort. Your little family will be blessed because of your faith and example.

I love you.

Ryan and Jamie Turner said...

I ditto what mom said. :) Thanks for sharing your thoughts and Testimony!

Erin said...

Amen!

Come back. I miss you!