CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS

Monday, March 14, 2011

Just Some Thoughts

I miss Utah. I miss my family and friends - the people who really know me. For the most part, I put on a brave face and try to act positive. But it's exhausting sometimes. I think I am learning a lot about myself since I am here. Some days, I can't fake it. Now that there is a countdown until our trip to UT, I feel myself getting very impatient, and wanting to stay there for weeks. (not just 1)


But, while we are here, we are going to really see Wisconsin. You know? Right now, we are in a tiny town in just 1 corner. We will be heading to Milwaukee for Dan's b-day next week, so I will get a chance to see something new. I hope to see Madison, WI. I have a couple of EHS friends there. If my kiddos continue to be good road-trippers and fall asleep, then we should have no problem. Anywhere we go is over 25 minutes, so they are getting used to it.

Josh was able to start attending Trempealeau Elementary's 4k. (this is preschool run by the school district) He gets on a big, yellow bus Mon-Thurs and is gone ALL afternoon. He loves it all - bus, class, teacher!! But the cutest part of his being gone, is how lovey Layla has gotten with him. EVERY time he walks through the door, all suited with snow pants, coat, and hat, Layla gives him a sweet hug. Oh, it melts my heart!

We had a huge snowstorm last week. We are tired of winter. I can't wait to go to the playground in town, (yes, I just said "in town") and discover trails rumored to be all over the bluffs. We are all really, really pearly white and some sun would do us all some good!

And you know, I am so excited to see THIS missionary come home this year!! His mission has been incredible, and the stories he sends home about the people he has met are amazing and inspiring. And the letters are a weekly reminder to me that no matter what challenges I face, our Heavenly Father has our best interest in mind ALL of the time. And I know that HE wanted us in WI, for whatever time it amounts to be. The lessons just keep presenting themselves - easy and not easy.

7 comments:

Dawn said...

You know how much all of you are missed! The kids look so cute and happy. I'm glad you included the pic of Thomas, too. I have the same feelings each week as I read his emails. You are all great examples to me...I am so proud of you.

Love you!

Ryan and Jamie Turner said...

That is SO so sweet about Layla and Josh. I've been missing home a lot lately too! I'm so glad we'll be able to meet there soon. We can make it! Hang in there with that and with everything else. You're a great mom, a great wife, and a great friend. Those ward members and neighbors and friends are so lucky to have you, for however long it is!

Amanda said...

I love all your pictures and thoughts! I am seriously all about a get together. I'm sorry you're feeling homesick.

Jace said...

That pic of Layla and Josh is too cute! You are a trooper I know there is no way I could do what you are doing. Hopefully I'll get to see you guys while you're here.

Shanny said...

I know just what you mean when you say you miss the people who really know you. It's hard moving to a new place. I feel like it takes me a good 6 months before I really feel at home, and even longer to find really GOOD friends. Hang in there! It'll get easier!

Janis said...

Utah misses you too! We sure miss having you just down the street. Every time we go walking past your old house we say how much we miss you. We're glad you're enjoying your new adventure, and can't wait to see you when you come, and for you to get to meet our little Kate. Love you!

Emily said...

We miss you too! I agree with Jaime, everyone in your neighborhood and ward is so lucky to have you around.

The silver lining of all of this is that the good times will be that much sweeter, including the soon to come springtime weather. I guess living in a frozen tundra will do that to you. ;)