CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS

Saturday, November 27, 2010

30 by 30

I was very inspired by friend Shannon. (her comments say Shanny!) I read her post with the same title as mine RIGHT AFTER I had been wallowing in my own self-pity about being "alone" on my big 30th birthday in 2 months. She made a sort of bucket-list-by-30-yrs-old for herself. (THANK YOU Shannon for such a needed idea!)


Her post spoke to many sides of my personality. First, I am the QUEEN of list-making! Second, I know that when I set goals, work on goal, and achieve goals, I feel wonderful! Shanny organized hers in to categories, and mine will be tailored to fit me and my family. I had already decided to start doing more to create a more fun environment in our home so my family (Josh) will be happier with simplicity while we are stuck inside during the winter.

I don't know when Shannon's b-day is, but mine is in just over 60 days. So I have some major work to do!! Some of these will be hard, some will be easy. But I want to welcome 30 by feeling like I made accomplished some awesome goals. And I know theses will help me feel more at-home in my new state/town/neighborhood.

My categories are: physical, spiritual, things to create, family, Mary Kay.

30 by 30

1. Do something active for at least 45 minutes every day. (no Sundays, though)
2. Lose 10 pounds. (or some inches, or just feel awesome)
3. Control my HUGE sugar craving with South Beach 14 days of no sugar. (did it once, and it worked, but my will power caved after getting pregnant)
4. Drink at least 2.5 liters of water DAILY.
5. Reinstate 'Special Treat Friday.' (cookies/treats only on Fridays)
6. NO MORE CAFFEINE. (holy cow, I just put it in writing...)

7. Read the entire Book of Mormon.
8. Write in my journal EVERY DAY until my bday. (by then, habit formed!)
9. (organized) Family Home Evening EVERY week.
10. Practice playing hymns/primary songs every day. (piano)
11. Write a letter each week to Elder-Uncle Thomas.
12. Attend the St. Paul temple once. (it's 2.5 hrs away, and we have yet to know who to leave leave out kids with for that amount of time)

13. Make and SEND 30 thank-you cards.
14. Sew curtains for kids' rooms.
15. Work on finishing Layla's 1-year scrapbook.
16. Buy & prepare the material for my soon-to-come nephew's quilt.
17. CREATE a job chart for EVERY member of our family!
18. Create a new game for the kiddos.

19. Give each child 45-60 minutes of my undivided attention, and let them choose our activity.
20. Story time before bedtime.
21. Utilize my Kindergarten files/games/activities/knowledge to keep Josh engaged.
22. Arrange for sitters/trade nights so I can go on at least 2 dates each month with Dan.
23. Friday Family Movie Night!
24. Weekly library trips.

25. Have 2 new team members. (thus, earning my Red Jacket!!)
26. Pass out all 500 of my gift $10 certificates.
27. Create my dream board.
28. Start reading Mary Kay's biography. (she really was an amazing woman)
29. Hold 2 classes each week.
30. Ask for 4 interviews each week.

So there you have it. I have just over 60 days until I turn 30, and that many days to complete this list. Check in to see how things are going. I will try to include pictures where I can.

Ready, set, GO!!

5 comments:

Barb said...

You are amazing. Really! I know you will accomplish all of these things!

Amy said...

A fabulous list. I hope we get to hear about all of these!

Sabrina said...

You and Shannon are ambitious women. I have less days than you until 30 and no desire to accomplish anything new, but I will love seeing your progress. I am sure you'll finish it all.

Amanda said...

Sounds like a great list! Good luck!

Shanny said...

I LOVE IT! I have a bit more time, my birthday isn't until August. But then, I put like 5000 pages of reading on my list, so it's a good thing I've got time!

I can't wait to hear how it all goes.