CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS

Thursday, September 10, 2009

In Spite of...

...the almost synchronized vomiting that occurred with the boys this afternoon, I found myself in a mood of gratitude.  I think it's easy to feel that way when 2 very busy, rough, loud boys are forced to lay out so their stomachs stay calm, and are laying on each side of my lap.  


(oh, and of course my hormones...)

- I love looking at their little feet and hands when they are relaxed.

- I love that when asked what friends to invite to Josh's b-day party (not until Jan), he listed Jack very first!

- I am grateful for the concern I feel for something as small as threadbare patches in Josh's 3 1/2 year old favorite blanket, and what do I do for him when it finally dies.

- I am glad to be home this year from teaching. 

- I love that when I take Jack out of the tub, wrapped in a towel, he still lays his head on my shoulder until we get to his room.

- I love when I hear Josh singing (loudly) "wash, wash, wash" as he washes his hands after using the bathroom.

- I can still love both boys at the end of a really long day, when all of our tempers were short and we end up spent.

- I must love them enough, and enjoy being a mom more than I thought, to even have considered having 1 more!



4 comments:

Erica said...

This is lovely Linds.

Erin said...

You are an incredible Mom!

Ryan and Jamie Turner said...

What a sweet post. Sorry about the throwing up though.

Emily said...

Great sentiments from a great mom. My kids were throwing up today, guess it is going around! Yuck!