CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS

Wednesday, April 30, 2008

My Brother's Keeper

I don't have pictures for this entry, but the best stories of the week. There were 2 times that Josh really showed his love for Jack by being a helper during "tough" times. 


The first happened a few days ago, when I placed a bottle in front of Jack. This really makes him mad, but also motivates him to move forward a bit on his stomach. (the goal is to crawl...) I kept repeating, "c'mon Jack, do you want your bottle?" After about a minute of this, with Jack really letting me know how angry he was at me, Josh took over by grabbing Jack's arm and dragging him to the bottle. Josh was helpin' a brutha out.

Today, at a moment when I was feeling overwhelmed with all that's expected of me this week, along with the daily needs of my family, Josh came through with the perfect tension-breaker. Again, he was "helping" Jack. After leaving the room for a minute with Jack snacking on banana puffs in his chair and Josh playing nearby, I returned to find Jack's tray completely covered with the entire amount of puffs we own. Jack innocently looked up at me as if to say, "mom, the coolest thing just happened and I have all the food I could want," while Josh stood next to him looking very proud of his helpfulness. 

These instances happened at the exact moment when I needed to laugh or just smile. Sometimes I forget to do that during the craziness of our days here.

2 comments:

Barb said...

How fun to find your blog! I'm excited to play with your little ones for a whole week!

Ryan and Jamie Turner said...

You're so good at describing the scene. I can picture exactly what those boys were up to! I love it.