CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS

Sunday, December 4, 2011

WI to UT

Hello! Yes, I have been a little MIA, but that's because my time is very full of my highest priorities: family-time, time with hubby, building my Mary Kay business, transitioning to our new home, and more family-time!

But here are a few pictures from our last few weeks in WI.
(and then some after we got back to UT)

We visited Riverside Park a few times while we lived in WI, and this last time we stopped and admired the International Gardens. Lovely!


Another awesome park we frequented was Lake Park, across the Mississippi in Winona, MN. All summer, the parks and rec dept had free rentals for canoes and kayaks. The first time we took the kids, they were excited... until they realized they had to go on the water! Screams, whining, and tears. But then the promise of ice cream got us out!! Everyone had such a fun time, and yes, we ended the night with ice cream cones.

Some of our good friends asked us to puppy-sit for them while they went to the Dells for the day. WE WERE IN HEAVEN!!! This cute puppy is a teddy-bear breed, and his name was Teddy. He was so snuggly, and all of the kids (and me and Dan) fell in love with him! It was hard to give him back.

Josh and Jack (and even Layla) made some VERY good friends. I have told so many people that the kids and I were truly blessed to be a part of such a wonderful mom-kid playgroup. I made some great friends who defined unconditional support and caring, and they made our stay in WI a great experience.

And there was no way we were going to leave WI without going apple-picking!! I'm just sorry we didn't stay long enough to see all the different apples ripen so we could go again and again!
YUM!!

We were happy to have our recently-returned (from a mission) uncle Thomas come to visit us. Even though at his point we were in boxes, we still had a good time.

This was in the back of the orchard where no one was watching...

... and SO WAS THIS!!

I don't even know how many we ate just while trying to fill out little bag, but oh those apples were amazing!!




Layla was almost 2 when she had her first haircut. (just like Josh was)

Dang, this girl was calm!! Lucky me!

And the other member of our family that changed while we were in WI was our 4-Runner! After the odometer changed to 200,000 miles, it was time for a face-lift. It was perfect timing to park next to this blue one so we could get a really great before and after picture!!
Awesome job Dan!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY LAYLA


Just what every girl needs: pink cars and jewelry!! Yep, I'm raising another MK consultant!

Seriously, this kid melts my heart!

This is a very rarely captured moment - all 3 kiddos smiling and looking at the camera at the same time!

"Happy Halloween!"

6 comments:

Amanda said...

YEAH! A post! Miss you guys and can't wait to see you in a few weeks!

Dawn said...

HOORAY!!!!! I am so glad that you are back, but it is fun sharing in your Wisconsin fun through these great pictures. Cute kiddos.

Thank you!

Catherine said...

I love your little future MK consultant with the pink car and jewelry! hehe What a doll Layla is. I've missed your posts, Lindsey! It's good to have you back home in Utah although I'm certain your old friends miss your darling family like crazy! We're lucky we get to see you at Music Class on Thursdays and MK parties at my house!

Brenna said...

Mmmm. I love Wisconsin apples. Those last two pictures of your kids are darling! They will love to have pictures like that when they are all grown up.

Ryan and Jamie Turner said...

I'm so proud of you for posting! ;) It looks like tons of fun. I'm excited for lots of hang out time soon.

Erin said...

Yay! I think of you every time I drive down 45th.

We need to visit sometime